Old July 10th 08, 12:02 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Art Unwin Art Unwin is offline

Default series circuit for fractional WL antennas

I would like to add a caviate to assigning a series circuit which I
did
to follow convention for fractional WL. If I had a lab it would be
easy to prove whether the distributed capacitance
and the distributed inductance are themselves in parallel within the
radiating member instead of in series
such that the energy retention qualities are kept. And possibly this
circulatory arrangement will supply some connection to the swerling
eddy currents upon the surface. However I will keep to convention
until the corresponding evidence comes in. Got to get the DC
resistance of a radiator involved to resolve that one.
Unwinantennas.com/