Old July 16th 08, 12:14 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Bill B Bill B is offline

Default AM Loop Antenna Design

On Jul 15, 6:03 am, "Walter Maxwell" wrote:
"Richard Clark" wrote in message

On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 23:05:06 -0700 (PDT), Bill B
wrote:

What would be the optimum given a 15X15 inch square space?

Hi Bill,

You are already there (or, rather, you are already so close that you
wouldn't be able to tell the difference which would be a circle of 15
inch diameter). Subtended area counts for most.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

If yer local to a 50kw station, why do you need an antenna all?

Walt, W2DU

I just use the local 50kw station as a reference. It's hard to see
microvolts from some far away station on a scope, so I just use the
big signals to make comparisons. I can see about 14 stations on a
scope connected directly to the loop, but the amplitudes vary from a
few millivolts to almost a volt.

-Bill