Old July 16th 08, 03:50 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
D Peter Maus D Peter Maus is offline

Default IBiquity - Where's the "HD" in "HD" radio?

A Brown wrote:
Which is precisely the point. So far, only the technology has been
promoted. And the diverse 'out of the box' programming offerings have
not materialized as promised.
Sure they have, there's Jazz, 70's Folk, Chorale, Ethnic, Dance...There
are lots of formats available that are not available on the regular
broadcast band.

And not widely available on HD.

There are ALL available where I am.

Not whare I am. Nor where I've been so far this year.

Most HD channels I've heard, are dupes of the baseband audio,

That's the HD-1 channel. The HD-2 and HD-3, etc...channels can be anything
they want.

Can. Doesn't mean they are.

....with HD2 being a simulcast of an AM sister. The off beat programming
options simply haven't materialized as promised.

Sure they have. Wouldn't it be nice to be informed before making incorrect
statements?

If you live near a major city (and 85% of America lives within the top 15
markets) you have plenty of HD choices.

I live in Chicago. Big enough for you?