Old July 17th 08, 01:31 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Burr Burr is offline

Default Catch of the winter season in South Africa

"dxAce" wrote in message

On Jul 17, 6:41 am, dxAce wrote:
Not bad John, but pretty much a clear channel right? I might be more
interested
in TA/TP dx if I was in a better location, but for the most part that
type of
stuff is non-existent here.

Awesome catch into SA though! It is your dx season right?

Myself I'm ready to chuck the warm weather and get back to dx.

Yes Ace, the X band is clear here, so it's a question of having good
propagation and a decent beverage antenna and the luck of the God's.
It is winter here and top of our DX season, although for me here in
the mounains it has not been very good this season.

The cottage Gary DXed from is near the sea, so the wonderful "sea
gain" effect could be experienced. That is why a seaside location is
so important for good MW DX.

As for our miserable winter, I would trade it for summer anytime,
forgetting that the temp in Jan/Feb goes to 105F and you long for
winter!!! Also forgetting that winter goes down to 32F and it can be
cold and miserable with rain.

If winter here only went down to 32F and just rain I'd be a happy camper!

Move south Dude, way south. Move to South America

I'm only 15 north.

Stays around 85-90 most of the time.

Burr

You up, I'll call. it's 1230z I'll check back in 10 minutes