Old July 17th 08, 10:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Sven Lundbech Sven Lundbech is offline

Default Measure Signal Generator with Oscilloscope?

skrev i en meddelelse
I bought an old Heathkit IG-42 "Laboratory Generator" at a flea
market
the other day. It powers up OK but I don't have anything to test it
with except a TEK 465 O-scope. I looked for an output with the scope
but couldn't find anything. I know the scope is working because its
1K hz calibration signal looks fine.

The generator dial goes from 100 KC to 30 MC. Is this too high a
frequency to be monitored with a 465?

- the '465 is ok for a rough testing, but you may have turned the IG-42
output level way down?

Remember, the signal level output level can be adjusted from a max of 100
millivolts down to the microvolts level - and your 'scope will not show much
if the signal level is belov approx. a few millivolts.

So, crank up the level to the max of 100 millivolts and do the measurements.

Does this help?

vy 73
OZ7S Sven