Old July 30th 08, 01:34 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Smokey Smokey is offline

Default Homes in foreclosure and, yet, HDTV?

It will be interesting to hear the wailing from the TV broadcast industry
and its advertisers after a huge audience is eliminated by forcing the
insane HDTV nonsense down our throats in 2009.

I for one am telling every advertiser I do business with that I will not see
any of their ads after that date.

Jeez, Louise...hundreds of thousands of homes in foreclosure, the ****tiest
economy in my life, $4 for a lousy gallon of gas, a trip to the grocery
store is a painfully expensive process and every one I know has been layed
off.

AND THESE PRICKS THINK WE'RE GOING TO RUSH OUT A BUY EQUIPMENT TO RECEIVE
THEIR ASSININE DIGITAL SYSTEM?

The ones to blame are those in Washington but equally culpable are the
sycophants in the TV industry to sat by and allowed it to happen.

I'm glad I'm not spending any money on TV advertising that few people will
see after 2009. Besides, there are so few creative writers left in the
industry that TV has had to rely on this insipid "reality" shows. Yawn.