Old July 30th 08, 01:34 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Homes in foreclosure and, yet, HDTV?

It will be interesting to hear the wailing from the TV broadcast industry
and its advertisers after a huge audience is eliminated by forcing the
insane HDTV nonsense down our throats in 2009.

I for one am telling every advertiser I do business with that I will not see
any of their ads after that date.

Jeez, Louise...hundreds of thousands of homes in foreclosure, the ****tiest
economy in my life, $4 for a lousy gallon of gas, a trip to the grocery
store is a painfully expensive process and every one I know has been layed
off.

AND THESE PRICKS THINK WE'RE GOING TO RUSH OUT A BUY EQUIPMENT TO RECEIVE
THEIR ASSININE DIGITAL SYSTEM?

The ones to blame are those in Washington but equally culpable are the
sycophants in the TV industry to sat by and allowed it to happen.

I'm glad I'm not spending any money on TV advertising that few people will
see after 2009. Besides, there are so few creative writers left in the
industry that TV has had to rely on this insipid "reality" shows. Yawn.

Old July 30th 08, 01:40 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Dude if you have cable or satellite TV you don't need a digital converter.
It's only $49.00 and the government gives you a rebate or something.

I think by now most people have one of the above services. That old roof top
antenna delivers just a few stations anyway.

Old July 30th 08, 02:16 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

H-m-m-m...

a $50 converter for each TV or...

groceries. What a tough call to make, Dude.

Old July 30th 08, 02:23 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Smokey wrote:

H-m-m-m...

a $50 converter for each TV or...

groceries. What a tough call to make, Dude.

And yet, they'll pay it. I've heard hundreds of stories about the "poor" who are
out buying the latest and biggest TV sets. Gimme a break, for a lot of those
folks, TV is the #1 priority.

Old July 30th 08, 02:49 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

Smokey wrote:

H-m-m-m...

a $50 converter for each TV or...

groceries. What a tough call to make, Dude.

And yet, they'll pay it. I've heard hundreds of stories about the "poor" who are
out buying the latest and biggest TV sets. Gimme a break, for a lot of those
folks, TV is the #1 priority.

In the US, the poverty level is defined such that many of 'the poor'
own homes, cars, have air conditioning, and not one, but two color TV's.

The 'poor' in this country, do not live in tribal conditions in the
veldt.

I'm always amused when looking for garage sales on the weekend, to
drive through low end neighborhoods, and count the number of highly
accessorized high end cars and SUV's in front of tiny boxes that haven't
been painted in this decade. And then drive through higher end
neighborhoods and count the number of Chevy Cavaliers in front of
McMansions.

People live according to their priorities. And they often define
quality living by the number of toys.

Old July 30th 08, 03:12 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

D Peter Maus wrote:

dxAce wrote:

Smokey wrote:

[...]

I like my 1977 Buick LeSabre.. still under 100,000 miles!

Old July 30th 08, 03:30 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

D Peter Maus wrote:

dxAce wrote:

D Peter Maus wrote:

dxAce wrote:
Smokey wrote:

[...]

Yeah, and I bought it almost 5 years ago with 63K on it and brand new tires. Got it for
$600. Actually owned by a 'little old lady' who passed away at 90+ years.

The Story of Two Homes Steve Shortwave 0 April 9th 07 07:32 PM
Chucky's new homes U-Know-Who CB 14 December 22nd 06 01:19 AM
Florida to allow use of force even outside homes. [email protected] Shortwave 0 April 6th 05 04:35 AM
Five million homes have Freeview Mike Terry Broadcasting 0 January 19th 05 12:29 AM