Old August 1st 08, 03:38 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
JB[_3_] JB[_3_] is offline

Default Mount for 4 band Vertical on Travel Trailer.

Have used a 4btv on FD from my trailer but used a cement block to stand the
antenna in the clear and added some counterpoise wires (grounds are hard to
find in the mountains). The tongue mount probably works but will need to be
carefully tuned and will put RF in the shack.

The inverted L extension to the mobile antenna gave good performance with
the least setup hassle.

"W3CQH" wrote in message

"R.Scott" wrote in message
Anyone mounted a 4 band (or 5 band) on a travel trailer or other RV.
Ive a 4BTV coming and want to just mount it easily on my trailer when
parked to work contacts while camping.

Scotty W7PSK

Build a mount to attach to the tongue of the trailer. 73's