Old July 13th 03, 05:26 PM
Dr. Anton Squeegee

In article , Andy
Brinkley says...

Sort of of, or maybe on topic. I have been offered a Marconi 2955 Service
monitor for an attractive price.
I understand that IFR bought Marconi, and will try to contact them next week
as far as support.

Any body use the 2955? Comments???

I've been using one here for nearly a year. They're good, solid,
basic units. Don't expect spectrum analyzer or tracking generator
functions (get an HP 8920B for that), but I've been pleased with mine.

Fair warning: Yes, IFR will support them, but they want $500 for
the service manual if you're self-maintained.

--
Dr. Anton Squeegee, Director, Dutch Surrealist Plumbing Institute
(Known to some as Bruce Lane, KC7GR)