Old July 13th 03, 03:31 AM
Andy Brinkley

Default Opinions on Marconi 2955 Service Monitor

Sort of of, or maybe on topic. I have been offered a Marconi 2955 Service
monitor for an attractive price.
I understand that IFR bought Marconi, and will try to contact them next week
as far as support.

Any body use the 2955? Comments???

TNX

Andy NC4AB

Old July 13th 03, 05:26 PM
Dr. Anton Squeegee

In article , Andy
Brinkley says...

Sort of of, or maybe on topic. I have been offered a Marconi 2955 Service
monitor for an attractive price.
I understand that IFR bought Marconi, and will try to contact them next week
as far as support.

Any body use the 2955? Comments???

I've been using one here for nearly a year. They're good, solid,
basic units. Don't expect spectrum analyzer or tracking generator
functions (get an HP 8920B for that), but I've been pleased with mine.

Fair warning: Yes, IFR will support them, but they want $500 for
the service manual if you're self-maintained.

--
Dr. Anton Squeegee, Director, Dutch Surrealist Plumbing Institute
(Known to some as Bruce Lane, KC7GR)