Old August 7th 08, 12:00 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
m II m II is offline

Default Move Am's to channels 5&6?

wrote:

It’s a dramatic idea that would change infrastructure reaching back to the
very roots of our industry. A group made up primarily of broadcast
consulting engineers proposes a new use for TV Channels 5 and 6 in the
United States once their occupants migrate to digital. It recommends the
reallocation of part of that spectrum for the use of the country’s AM
stations.

Looks like a sleazy way to be able to charge people for what they now
get for nothing. There's no other explanation. Why don't they move the
interference causing IBOC station up there instead of the normal AM
operations? This thing isn't designed to save AM. If it's true that
there isn't an audience now, why should being forced to buy a new radio
solve the problem? Once everything is digital, the subscriber card
needed to make it all work is with us.

mike

--

Densa International©
'Think tanks cleaned cheap'

Due to the insane amount of spam and garbage,
I block all postings with a Gmail, Google Mail,
Google Groups or HOTMAIL address.
I also filter everything from a .cn server.

http://improve-usenet.org/