Old September 3rd 08, 08:35 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David Eduardo[_4_] David Eduardo[_4_] is offline

Default Hurricanes bring good DX

"Dave" wrote in message
Count Floyd wrote:
I am in Hobe Sound Florida, one mile from the ocean, and for some strange
reason, MW DX is coming in from the Caribbean, last night I picked up
WDHP, US Virgin Islands and other other antilles. I guess that is the
only good thing about these damned hurricanes!

During emergencies some MW stations do not cut back power at sunset.

But doing so requires an STA from the FCC; in extreme emergencies (like a
daytimer being only local station) the FCC tends to be understanding if a
station operates at variance.