Old September 7th 08, 01:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default Odd Piece of Coaxial Cable

On Sep 6, 12:09*am, "Sal M. Onella"
wrote:
wrote in message

.

FWIW, there are several projects in the ARRL pubs, mostly for RDF, that
use a short piece of coax exactly as described as a loop.

I've seen some in books and on the 'net. *Years ago, I did a one-week job on
a Coast *Guard cutter and I got to see some HF loop antennas that are
standard issue for cutters. *I do not recall with certainty whether they
were transmit or receive or both, but I think they were both, but not at the
same time, as certain USN fanwire antennas are.

HRO in San Diego usually has at least one HF loop on display.

"Sal"

Ive seen sensors for SWR made his way. Slide a wire under the shield
from each end and termiate them in the middle with a resistor.

Jimmie