Old September 11th 08, 03:57 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Registered User Registered User is offline

Default QST Archive

On 11 Sep 2008 14:48:47 GMT, Allodoxaphobia
wrote:

On Wed, 10 Sep 2008 18:54:03 -0400, John Siegel wrote:
Interesting announcement on the ARRL web site. They have put online an
archive of QSTs from 1915 to 2004. If you are a member you can search
for and download as a pdf any article without additional cost.

Just for fun I found the article from January 1956 that described my
first transmitter.

Did anyone get "QST: Annual Index" to pull up the annual index for any
issue of QST? Returns nothing here _and_ it also highlights (selects)
the "QEX: Annual Index" and "Ham Radio: Annual Index" entries.

And, why no "QST: Table of Contents"!!

It's easy to trawl through various _columns_ in QST. But, unless you
have a pretty good idea what the title is, or who the author was,
there's no easy way to locate a feature article.

I would assume the _intent_ of putting all this up on the ARRL web site
is for ARRL Members to find material in old issues of QST. Why doesn't
the _implementation__ demonstrate this? At least give us the Annual
Index(es) and the TOCs.

I have about 80 years worth of the QST on CD collection. The tool I
use is the ARRL Periodicals Archive and Search
http://www.arrl.org/members-only/qqnsearch.html

73 de n4jvp