Old September 23rd 08, 03:04 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
[email protected] dfinn1@nc.rr.com is offline

Default Clarifying Space, "Ether" and Nothingness

On Sep 22, 7:20*am, Cecil Moore wrote:
John Smith wrote:
Indeed, the bell jar, being made of the large molecules of our matter
would appear as a very large screen, or even like a layer of gravel to a
liquid/gas, to the quantum-structure-nature of ether ...

Consider that the ether may be made out of exotic dark
matter capable of occupying the same space as the glass
in the jar, indeed providing the very structure that
allows the glass to exist in the form that we perceive.

It is possible to consider that as a possible explanation provided
that the hypothesis of exotic dark matter can ever be shown to exist
physically, which it can't. It can be used hypothetcally as a possible
explanation for the alleged expansion of the universe, which
originates from observations using our Hubble peep hole, from which
can see a only tiny portion of the total volume of the universe,
backwards in time. For that hypothesis to be true, of course we must
verify that alleged exotic matter, which cannot be observed, has a
negative gravitational force relative to physical mass, something not
intuitively obvious; this Hubble observation is where the advocates of
exotic matter get their most support. And here we are putting the cart
one light year ahead of the horse by considering that it is, or may
be, the so called ether for light. Other plausible hypotheses such as
an alternation of expansion and contraction cycles, possibly as a
damped waceform, do not depend on the abstraction of exotic matter at
all.