Old October 3rd 08, 10:58 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Craig M Craig M is offline

Default scanners

We still down in the sticks here in SE texas, most are just now using trunk
systems, some still on the older systems that use the 155 mhz or the 460 mhz
frequencys
I like uniden too, just want to find one that I can put my hands on first,
dont like to mail order something that expensive without trying it out,
getting touchy feely first, you know what I mean.

"cnick6" wrote in message
Craig, I personally don't like the RS scanners. I'm a Uniden guy. Invest
in a good Uniden model and you won't regret it.

PS. Make sure your local PD hasn't gone digital or those RS scanners
won't help any.

"Craig M" wrote in message
Hi ya'll, what do ya'll think of the Radio Shack scanners, I am looking
at the Pro 162 or Pro 164 to get into trunked scanners. lots of the local
public service has gone this way, Radio Shack is the easiest way to see
and try one out before buying it, dont want to mail order it. or I would
go Uniden.
Thanks