Old October 3rd 08, 09:13 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Default scanners

Hi ya'll, what do ya'll think of the Radio Shack scanners, I am looking at
the Pro 162 or Pro 164 to get into trunked scanners. lots of the local
public service has gone this way, Radio Shack is the easiest way to see and
try one out before buying it, dont want to mail order it. or I would go
Uniden.
Thanks

Old October 3rd 08, 10:29 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Craig, I personally don't like the RS scanners. I'm a Uniden guy. Invest
in a good Uniden model and you won't regret it.

PS. Make sure your local PD hasn't gone digital or those RS scanners won't
help any.

Old October 3rd 08, 10:58 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

We still down in the sticks here in SE texas, most are just now using trunk
systems, some still on the older systems that use the 155 mhz or the 460 mhz
frequencys
I like uniden too, just want to find one that I can put my hands on first,
dont like to mail order something that expensive without trying it out,
getting touchy feely first, you know what I mean.

Old October 4th 08, 12:12 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Yeah I hear ya. Just be warned that programming these scanners is best done
with a computer. So you'll have to at least buy the USB cable and scanner
as well. Then check out BuTel software (google them)... they have demo
software you can try out for free.

Also, you should check out http://www.radioreference.com and look at the
"Texas" forum there. You can probably find several people that would be
willing to help you out - either sell you theirs or let you stop by to play
around. ;o)

There's also a for-sale section on that site as well.

-Nick

"Craig M" wrote in message
Hi ya'll, what do ya'll think of the Radio Shack scanners, I am looking
at the Pro 162 or Pro 164 to get into trunked scanners. lots of the
local public service has gone this way, Radio Shack is the easiest way
to see and try one out before buying it, dont want to mail order it. or
I would go Uniden.
Thanks

What Scanners Should I Consider ??? Ron in NY Scanner 2 November 27th 08 02:10 PM
scanners Junkman Skip Scanner 0 February 5th 06 05:48 AM
Scanners CLFE Scanner 2 February 1st 06 06:21 PM
FA - Scanners John Schneider Scanner 0 January 25th 06 03:07 PM
FA - Scanners John Schneider Swap 0 January 20th 06 09:15 PM