Old November 5th 08, 07:47 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Bryan Bryan is offline

Default Ham Radio Projects" 1968 by Bert Simon Page 105.

Lynn wrote:
Yie, yie yie!
From olden days, it always excites me to see the key, a good ground,
and a 117vac plug
connected so intimately!
Many years ago I started collecting stuff to make something like you
have in your hands, but
fear and common sense always made me chicken out.
I Googled for a while, and the following is the closest I could find,
and it isn't
even a 117N7, but a 50C5 with a heater series resistor.

http://www.kb7tbt.com/manuals/Ham%20...0Designs.p df

Sit on a dry wooden chair, with your feet off the ground, and one hand
in your pocket.

Good luck,
Old Chief Lynn, W7LTQ

Lynn,

I built one of those, too! I was able to light a 25W "dummy antenna
wattmeter" to nearly full brightness... for a few seconds. If I held the
key down too long, the toob envelope would get too hot, and fracture. That
wasn't a problem, as I had many 50C5 pulls from old table radios! It was
important to make sure the B- of the supply was common to the AC supply
neutral, and to not get your fingers across the key contacts! :-O

vy 73 es gud dx,
Bryan WA7PRC