Old November 10th 08, 02:20 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Norm Mann Norm Mann is offline

Default Article about a portable PC that runs on 12v?

"KC7PM" wrote in message
I saw something in the last year or two about building a PC that runs
entirely on 12V and with low power consumption. Does anyone know
where I can find that article or website?

I think I remember something in QST awhile back, but I'm sure it was more
than a couple years ago. IIRC, the author had a bad battery pack for his
laptop, so he rebuilt it by removing the bad section and providing a
connector to bridge the remaining batteries (for charging) and to power the
laptop externally with a 12VDC supply.

Hope This Helps,

-NM