Old November 15th 08, 07:54 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
[email protected] mopeyzakween@yahoo.com is offline

Default Hello DX Radio sunspot 24

On Nov 15, 7:52*am, Jay in the Mojave wrote:
Hello Steve:

Crazy yes, but it keeps from going nuts, right?

Yes again, ya need a few more watts to make the antenna have a Corona.
But thats a good thing, as the Corona will some times causes the end of
the antenna to melt. We have seen that in beam antennas. The ends of the
driven elements have a significant corona and then melt the ends of the
driven elements.

See: *http://neasmn.org/antenna/History%20...al%20Quad.html

The ends of the Yagi beam elements have metal balls installed to add a
significant amount of area to the ends, to NOT have the corona discharge.

I can't really believe your stuck in the mud after hearing how loud some
* of the Ohio Boys were last time the skip rolled in.

Jay in the Mojave

Steve wrote:
Hello Jay:

Dang, you are as crazy as a jay-bird. (rumor has it)

Reckon that has something to do with being radio fans and such, and btw
I've yet to see a corona coming off'in my antenna. Is that too much antenna
and not enough transmitter? shrug

Shot down and stuck in the mud here in the Buckeye.

Carry on sir.

Jay in the Mojave wrote:
Hello Steve:

Yeah really! *The local guys are saying that if we do not see sunspot
cycle by Thanks giving it isn't gonna happen for another year.

But the last few times the skip has come in, we hired a witch doctor for
a 96 pack and some mirrors, that performed a "Skip Shotin Richael"
that only seemed to work a few times. But it maybe the locals have a
better handle on the skip conditions than the academic achievement dudes
do. Who really knows.

Jay in the Mojave

Steve wrote:
Where the heck is sunspot cycle 24? (i know be careful what you ask
for) but dang, almost no dx for months over here in N Ohio. We're
running out of things to talk about on the ground wave.

Worked Bermuda last Sunday morning for a door prize. :-P- Hide quoted text -

278-84-2053