Old November 23rd 08, 10:38 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Bob Campbell Bob Campbell is offline

Default C'mon folks.. give it a rest

"elaich" wrote in message ...
The AMers are slowly shutting their's down, as they realize it is
worthless. People who listen to AM radio do so mainly to get information.
Nobody needs digital for that. The receivers sit in stores gathering dust.
A bad idea that is going away, but not fast enough for me.

Then AM will simply die. All of the AM talk/sports stations in my market
have started FM simulcasts in the last year. How long until the AM
stations are shut down?

Personally, I have no problem with his. It will clear up more frequencies
for *me* to "narrowcast" on. I currently have 4 transmitters in my house
(3 AM and 1 FM) sending various net stations/ipods/whatever around my house
and yard. Its nice to turn on a radio and always find something that *I*
want to listen to!