Old November 21st 08, 10:37 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default C'mon folks.. give it a rest

For the past eight years, I've been reading the liberals whining and the
conservatives gloating... now it's switched around 180 degrees.. with the
conservatives whining and the liberals gloating.

It doesn't become ANY of you. Let's give it a rest for a year or two, and
see what happens.. maybe even talk a bit about radios and shortwave (or MW)
DX'ing.

--
Say no to institutionalized interference.
Just say NO to HD/IBOC!

Old November 21st 08, 10:58 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default (OT) Let Get It On "Blaming Obama" [was : C'mon folks.. give it arest]

On Nov 21, 2:37*pm, "Brenda Ann" wrote:
For the past eight years, I've been reading the liberals whining and the
conservatives gloating... now it's switched around 180 degrees.. with the
conservatives whining and the liberals gloating.

It doesn't become ANY of you. Let's give it a rest for a year or two, and
see what happens.. maybe even talk a bit about radios and shortwave (or MW)
DX'ing.

--
Say no to institutionalized interference.
Just say NO to HD/IBOC!

BAD,

For the past Eight Years I have Heard Two Words
from the Liberals and Democrats : BLAME BUSH
{It's All Bush's Fault}

You can be sure that for the Next Eight Long Years
that the Conservatives and Republicans will have
Two Words {as Pay Back} in Return : BLAME OBAMA
{It's All Obama's Fault}

that's life - you reap what you sow ~ RHF
Old November 23rd 08, 02:02 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.religion.christian,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.republicans,alt.news-media

Default more off topic garbage by rhf aka Retired Halfassed Fool

Shortwave radio enthusiasts have a right to enjoy a newsgroup
which was established for them and is supposed to be dedicated to
shortwave radio information.

And they have a right to do so without wading through all the off
topic garbage you post and it isn't incumbent upon them to filter
obnoxious morons like you out, also many don't have the capability to
do so.

Start behaving like a responsible adult and filter yourself by posting
your nonsense in the appropriate newsgroups.
Old November 23rd 08, 02:15 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.religion.christian,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.republicans,alt.news-media

Default (OT) Let's Get It On "Blame Obama" Time ! - It On "Blame Obama"Time ! [PBIAB]

RHF wrote:

BLAME BUSH {It's All Bush's Fault}

On Nov 21, 5:49 pm, Billy Burpelson wrote:

By Jove, you've finally got it right! Some people here think the last 8
years were a vacuum or a black hole. Bush could do no wrong. Even though
it was HIS watch.
They blamed Clinton.
Some even went into the far past and blamed FDR.
Others blamed Kerry and Gore (who weren't ever presidents).
One even went into the future and blamed Obama (who isn't president yet).
But YOU actually got it right!
Congratulations!!!
;-)

RHF wrote:

Just Remember : It's Not Rational : It's Not Right :
It's Just Political Warfare Called "The Blaming Game"

Nah, it's not a "game". It's about taking responsibility for things that
have happened on W's watch...everything from W putting us all at risk by
passing legislation to extend truck driver's time behind the wheel to 11
hours to lying us into a bogus war that cost thousands of lives and a
trillion dollars. Hardly a "game".

Please pay attention.

Please stop being in denial about the horrible job he's done.

Old November 23rd 08, 10:38 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"elaich" wrote in message ...
The AMers are slowly shutting their's down, as they realize it is
worthless. People who listen to AM radio do so mainly to get information.
Nobody needs digital for that. The receivers sit in stores gathering dust.
A bad idea that is going away, but not fast enough for me.

Then AM will simply die. All of the AM talk/sports stations in my market
have started FM simulcasts in the last year. How long until the AM
stations are shut down?

Personally, I have no problem with his. It will clear up more frequencies
for *me* to "narrowcast" on. I currently have 4 transmitters in my house
(3 AM and 1 FM) sending various net stations/ipods/whatever around my house
and yard. Its nice to turn on a radio and always find something that *I*
want to listen to!