Old November 25th 08, 08:01 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default information suppression by universities

On Tue, 25 Nov 2008 10:11:38 -0800, Richard Clark
wrote:

On Tue, 25 Nov 2008 08:51:05 -0800 (PST), Art Unwin
wrote:

Thus you
cannot access it on the net as a member of the public as access is
with held UNLESS
you hand over some money to the IEEE.

Who needs the IEEE? I've found every new design offered - FOR FREE
from the universities! And every one of those "new designs" mentioned
here were worth every penny I spent.

Out of curiosity, does that include the IEEE Transactions on Antennas
and Propagation and the IEEE Antenna and Propagation Magazine? I'm
currently debating the merits of re-joining the IEEE mostly to obtain
these publications. In the past, they were literally gold mines of
interesting ideas on antennas. However, like all gold mines, I had to
dig through a considerable amound of rubble and useless garbage to
find the gold. I've seen little of this stuff on university web
piles, except after publication by the IEEE. I drag myself up to UCSC
and borrow a few issues, but I prefer to have them online
(downloadable and searchable) which costs money.

Do I spend the money, or do I seach for your secret horde of free
university publications on antenna design?

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D