Old December 8th 08, 01:56 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Brenda Ann Brenda Ann is offline

Default (OT) December 7

"dxAce" wrote in message
"possible security risks"....

Now there's a loaded assessment if ever I saw one. Absolutely anyone can
be
a "possible security risk". The Japanese that were here before and
during
WWII were Americans. They had chosen to leave their native country. As a
rule, this means that the place they left for offered them more than
their
home country, and that they no longer felt allegiance to their home
country.

You can't just arrest and imprison someone because they "are a possible
risk". If you could, then you, me, or anyone could be arrested and
imprisoned without cause or charge at any time. Mind you, with the
Patriot
Acts I and II, even this is now possible... all that has to happen is for
someone to point a finger at you along with a weak accusation. Indeed, a
very dangerous precedent.

FDR was a Liberal/Democrat/Marxist and he had them interned.

Only proves that both sides of the political spectrum are equally capable of
tossing human rights into the crapper.

Didn't FDR have to have CONgressional approval before interning thousands of
US citizens?