Old December 17th 08, 08:38 PM posted to sci.physics.electromag,rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Wimpie[_2_] Wimpie[_2_] is offline

Default Numerical integration and MS Excel "data table" function problem

On 28 nov, 22:28, Wimpie wrote:
Hello,

I made an excel sheet to simulate Fresnel diffraction patterns. I used
a 2 way data table to generate the "infinitesimal" contributions from
the EM field. After summation of the contributions in the 2D tables,
a have one result cell (that holds |E|) and three input cells
(variables) for x-, y-, and z- coordinate for the observation point.
When I change the coordinates manually, the results seem OK.

The idea was to use another table (one way table) to plot |E| versus
one of the input cells. However, I cannot get the table working. *I
tried "scenarios" (filling in each scenario by hand), but Excel stores
the individual worksheets, so I ran out of the EXCEL 2000 internal
memory limit (I think of about 60MB). I also tried the offset
function, in combination with a one-way table. This also didn't work.

It seems that once you use a data table that uses one (or two) of your
variables, you cannot use another table to manipulate a third variable
(parameter).

Does somebody know a solution for this (I do not prefer a VB one)?

Best regards,

Wim
PA3DJSwww.tetech.nl
The PM is valid when you don't forget to take out abc.

Hello contributors to my Excel problem,

Though I am not an SW guy, I solved my Fresnel diffraction problem
with Turbo Pascal 5.5. After playing with some basic Pascal things,
it took limited time to write the routines. The speed of the
calculations surprised me. I think they did a really good job at that
time.

For the time being, I use MS excel for the graphing part.

Thanks for the help!

Best regards,

Wim
PA3DJS
www.tetech.nl
When leaving out abc, you have a valid PM.