Old December 27th 08, 11:19 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.equipment
terryS terryS is offline

Default FA: MOPA 2-Tube Transmitter Instant Junkbox parts assortment

On Dec 13, 3:49*pm, wrote:
On Dec 12, 6:09*pm, "Theo" wrote:

wrote in message

On Dec 11, 3:58 pm, raypsi wrote:

On Dec 8, 12:07 pm, wrote:

I had this idea a while back, to thin out my stuff in what I think is
a useful and interesting way. Along the way I ended up having to buy
a bunch of new stuff as well (e.g. the brand new tune and load
variable caps). So take a look - might be a fun way to spend some
winter evenings.

73,
Mike, KK6GM

Hey OM

I should has learned to play the guitar. Instead I got into
electronics built my first xmitter in '67 using a 6BQ5 xtal osc and
6146A final.
Everything was hot. I used series twist lock caps in the ps, B&W coil,
with aligator clip adjust, multi elmac plate and tune caps, a tv set
power xformer, all that on a punched out 5x7x2 LMB chassis. Even the
Key was hot as I keyed the screen of the 6146A.

73 OM
n8zu

That's pretty impressive, fitting that on a 5x7 chassis!

(Actually 5ft x 7ft !) *;-)- Hide quoted text -

You mean kinda like this?

http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p.../SCAN0006.jpg- Hide quoted text -

Hey. Notice how everyone in that picture is wearing a tie? The guy on
the left is wearing a bow tie, I thnk? Proper dressing; these days we
are too sloppy; eh? Cheers.