Old September 3rd 03, 07:23 AM
Harry - SM0VPO

I need a pinout for the microphone connector on my KDK FM-2033.

There is always a simple way to identify MIC connections, no-matter what rig
you have.

Power-OFF - use Ohm-meter to identify the Gnd terminal pin (chassis)

(now power on):

Touch 470-Ohm between each pin and Gnd - identify the PTT pin.

Ground PTT, touch other pins with finger, listen to mod to identify MIC
input pin.

RX, squelch open, touch high-impedance headphones (in series with 0.1uf cap)
between Gnd and other pins in turn. Identify if there is a RX out.

+12v via 47K to any remaining pins, one at a time - see what happens.

BR Harry