Old August 24th 03, 06:16 PM
Greg Courville

Default Need help with 6-pin mic connector

I need a pinout for the microphone connector on my KDK FM-2033. It has the
same connector as the FM-2030, the FM-4033 and the FM-7033, as well as,
possibly, the FM-2016. It is a screw-on connector with 6 pins. There is one
pin in the center, with five others at various points surrounding it, and
there is a notch at the bottom. The microphone unit has the female
connector, the one on the radio is male.

Anybody got a similar connector with a pinout for it?
Thanks!

-Greg Courville

Old August 25th 03, 03:39 AM
Greg Courville

I have figured out the pinout by taking apart my handset. Here it is:

*-Down button (12V to activate)

*-Up button (12V to
activate)
* -PTT line (ground to transmit)
* -GND

*-Mic-level audio *-12V power (regulated to 5V inside
handset)

(looking at the male connector on the radio)

Sorry if that's hard to see. The asterisks represent the pins on the male
connector.
Hope this helps anyone else who's looking for it!

-Greg

Old August 26th 03, 03:23 AM

Greg Courville wrote:

I have figured out the pinout by taking apart my handset. Here it is:

*-Down button (12V to activate)

*-Up button (12V to
activate)
* -PTT line (ground to transmit)
* -GND

*-Mic-level audio *-12V power (regulated to 5V inside
handset)

(looking at the male connector on the radio)

Sorry if that's hard to see. The asterisks represent the pins on the male
connector.
Hope this helps anyone else who's looking for it!

Do you mean this? (My attempt to understand your diagram)

1
2 3
4
5 6

1 = Down button (12V to activate)
2 = PTT line (ground to transmit)
3 = Up button (12V to activate)
4 = GND
5 = Mic-level audio
6 = 12V power (regulated to 5V inside handset)

Old August 26th 03, 04:39 PM
Greg Courville

wrote in message
Do you mean this? (My attempt to understand your diagram)

1
2 3
4
5 6

1 = Down button (12V to activate)
2 = PTT line (ground to transmit)
3 = Up button (12V to activate)
4 = GND
5 = Mic-level audio
6 = 12V power (regulated to 5V inside handset)

Yes, that's correct. Thanks for clearing it up a bit. Your diagram is
definitely easier to understand than what I did.

-Greg

Old September 3rd 03, 07:23 AM
Harry - SM0VPO

I need a pinout for the microphone connector on my KDK FM-2033.

There is always a simple way to identify MIC connections, no-matter what rig
you have.

Power-OFF - use Ohm-meter to identify the Gnd terminal pin (chassis)

(now power on):

Touch 470-Ohm between each pin and Gnd - identify the PTT pin.

Ground PTT, touch other pins with finger, listen to mod to identify MIC
input pin.

RX, squelch open, touch high-impedance headphones (in series with 0.1uf cap)
between Gnd and other pins in turn. Identify if there is a RX out.

+12v via 47K to any remaining pins, one at a time - see what happens.

BR Harry