Old January 3rd 09, 02:26 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.shortwave
Dave[_18_] Dave[_18_] is offline

Default Look what I found

Richard Knoppow wrote:
"Jeff Liebermann" wrote in message
On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 09:40:05 -0600, msg
wrote:

Dave wrote:
www.zerobeat.net/r3403c.pdf
FWIW, MCRP 6-22D is also out there (I grabbed it 18 months
ago but didn't
save the URL); it is pretty much the same thing.
Michael

It's at:
http://www.armymars.net/ArmyMARS/Antennas/Resources/usmc-antenna-hb.pdf

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D

Thanks for posting these links.
These appear to be nearly identical. According to the
forward in R3403C it is a later edition of MCRP 6-22D. Both
have an error on page 11. In the chart showing surface
conductivity the first two are reversed, that is, sea water
should be marked "excellent" and fresh water "very good" not
the other way as shown. Sea water is considered to be as
close to a "perfect" ground as exists in nature. This error,
and the fact that is was carried over into a later edition,
suggest that the book was not proof read adequately and
there may be other errors, perhaps less obvious. I wonder if
any errata were ever published and if so if they are on line
anywhere.

I too have noticed some slop and errors. No doubt produced by cost plus
civilian contractors.