Old December 31st 08, 05:23 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.shortwave

Default Look what I found

On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 09:40:05 -0600, msg wrote:

Dave wrote:
www.zerobeat.net/r3403c.pdf

FWIW, MCRP 6-22D is also out there (I grabbed it 18 months ago but didn't
save the URL); it is pretty much the same thing.
Michael

It's at:
http://www.armymars.net/ArmyMARS/Antennas/Resources/usmc-antenna-hb.pdf

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Old January 3rd 09, 02:26 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

Dave wrote:
www.zerobeat.net/r3403c.pdf
FWIW, MCRP 6-22D is also out there (I grabbed it 18 months
ago but didn't
save the URL); it is pretty much the same thing.
Michael

It's at:
http://www.armymars.net/ArmyMARS/Antennas/Resources/usmc-antenna-hb.pdf

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558

Thanks for posting these links.
These appear to be nearly identical. According to the
forward in R3403C it is a later edition of MCRP 6-22D. Both
have an error on page 11. In the chart showing surface
conductivity the first two are reversed, that is, sea water
should be marked "excellent" and fresh water "very good" not
the other way as shown. Sea water is considered to be as
close to a "perfect" ground as exists in nature. This error,
and the fact that is was carried over into a later edition,
suggest that the book was not proof read adequately and
there may be other errors, perhaps less obvious. I wonder if
any errata were ever published and if so if they are on line
anywhere.

I too have noticed some slop and errors. No doubt produced by cost plus
civilian contractors.
Old January 3rd 09, 10:30 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.shortwave

"Dave" wrote in message
m...
wrote:

Dave wrote:
[...]

FWIW, I worked for Hewlett-Packard about forty years
ago. At the time -hp- wrote all their own manuals. They
experimented with farming out a manual, I forgot for just
what instrument. It was so awful it was unusable and they
re-did it in-house. All too often business people forget
that the concomitant of "cheaper" is equal quality. The
appalling junk coming out of China should be proof enough of
this. Cheap but no bargain!
Having said that this little book is mostly pretty
good.

Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles
WB6KBL

Old January 4th 09, 03:24 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
"Richard Knoppow" wrote:

"Dave" wrote in message
m...
wrote:

Dave wrote:
[...]

My RF test equipment preference was HP until around the time they
changed to Agilent. Now you can always buy more performance for the
dollar from someone else like Tektronix or Anritsu/Wiltron. You also get
better technical support from any other equipment vendor than Agilent.
The Agilent web site is even a nightmare to navigate.

But what really ****es me off about Agilent is the only communication I
get from them is what can I buy now? I never get how is the equipment
working for me or what features would I want in the future. I don't get
notices about firmware/software updates from them either. Basically I
have to navigate their obtuse web site to find out about equipment
issues, workarounds or updates.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Look what I found Dave[_18_] Antenna 8 January 10th 09 05:12 AM
I think I have found the one I like! dBc Shortwave 18 May 17th 08 06:35 AM
I think I have found the one I like! RHF Shortwave 0 April 28th 08 04:02 AM
WMD found Brenda Ann Dyer Shortwave 26 May 22nd 04 08:15 PM
Found Steveo CB 1 January 22nd 04 01:07 AM