Old January 5th 09, 03:09 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Bob Campbell Bob Campbell is offline

Default Anybody Using the Mobile Black Box V6000 FM Transmitter ?

"Dave" wrote in message
m...
RHF wrote:
Anybody Using the Mobile Black Box V6000 FM Transmitter ?

http://www.mobileblackbox.com/content/view/40/75/

MBB V6000 Manual
http://www.mobileblackbox.com/downlo...pdated_PDF.pdf

http://www.amazon.com/Mobile-Black-B...dp/B001BI6E6E/

~ RHF
.

That device is illegal. 200 mW goes a lot further than 450 feet.

Also it is not stereo. However it can transmit on any frequency from 88.1
to 107.9.

I use the "Whole House FM Transmitter". Stereo, great sound and I get
about 1/4 mile range using just the supplied 4 foot antenna on 107.9.
However it is limited to 7 frequencies (106.7, 106.9, 107.1, 107.3, 107.5,
107.7, 107.9).

Both are roughly the same price, with the "Whole House" usually a little bit
less. It comes down to what frequency you have clear and whether or not
you can live without stereo.