Old January 8th 09, 01:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
k3hvg k3hvg is offline

Default 30L6GT equivalent to 50L6GT

My now very distant memory is that DC outlets had
either one prong perpendicular to the other or both
"horrizontal" where standard sockets are parallel and
"vertical". Occasionally, one sees sockets made to
accomodate either type of plug. I think 220V sockets also
had some variation of this pattern. Plugging 120V stuff into
220 will also get some interesting, although short lived,
results.

I've certainly seen those plugs. The original 28v DC accessory outlets
in our CAP-converted M-135 ambulance had the one plug rotated 90 deg
from the other to prevent problems. The thing is, at least on that ship,
I was able to get the shaver plug into the socket.. as was the other
guy?? Maybe one blade was much wider? I simply can't remember...

de K3HVG