Old January 20th 09, 01:00 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
Ken Ken is offline

Default My first recone attempt

Brenda Ann wrote:
I got Sooooooooooooooo lucky.. this is from a Philco 38-34 or some such..
the old cone was completely gone, but the spider and voice coil were intact.
As I didn't want to try to remove the spider or voice coil (they were well
centered and still attached to one another), I instead cut two slits in the
cone and slid it over the spider, then centered the cone and glued the
spider to it. Once that had set, I trimmed the surround to fit and glued
that to the frame. It turned out pretty good, and sounds pretty good, too.
I will have to add some short spacers to the mounting bolts, to keep the
foam surround from touching the cabinet, as it sticks out about 1/8" beyond
the frame. No big deal, though, and now I have the speaker to match the
chassis.

If it's perfect it's good enough. Ken