Old January 21st 09, 09:15 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
-.-. --.-[_2_] -.-. --.-[_2_] is offline

Default improve S/N for AM car radio by a factor of 2...5...10?

"Michael" ha scritto nel messaggio
. ..
is no tuning capacitor in the back of your radio, I suspect this fix will
not work at all.

Nobody prevent you to add it externally, i think.

BTW... curious to know if any ferrite antenna or 2x ferrite antennas in a
sort of cross-coupled way mounted in a waterproof container perform better
than whips. I goggled, but can't find a gain table for ferrite antennas vs.
dipole, or a medium dBI gain (negative, i suppose) for ferrite antennas
mounted into the commons consumer radios.

Chris, -.-. --.-