Old January 23rd 09, 08:38 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Jim Kelley Jim Kelley is offline

Default improve S/N for AM car radio by a factor of 2...5...10?

christofire wrote:

I'm aware of issues involved in claiming generation of separate E or H
fields, as has been described by Kabbary et al in their 'crossed-field
antenna', but surely the issues concerning a receiving antenna are
different?

Those issues, and an acute sensitivity to them, are evidently at the
root of the misunderstanding here. The oversensitivity perhaps caused
confusion, irritation, defensiveness, and temporary blurry vision.

Scientists at the MIT Radiation labs during World War II found that it
was a simple matter to measure E and H individually. I imagine that it
is still possible to do without having to perform the miracle of 'field
separation'.

ac6xg