Old February 25th 09, 10:34 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] saltyfishsauce@gmail.com is offline

Default For all you people who think consumers want (or need) HD radio.

On Feb 25, 7:25*am, wrote:
Struble, Eduardo – Listen up.

I went to a Radio Shack store yesterday to pick up something. *In
passing, I asked the clerk if he has HD radios. *He paused for a
moment and then said, “No, we don’t sell them.” *I thought maybe he
didn’t actually know what I meant so I decided to drop it. *But, after
the pause he quickly retorted “HDTV – good idea, HD radio – bad idea –
don’t see the need for it.” * Me either I said.

If HD radio survives it’s only because it’s been force-fed on
consumers. You can spin it all you want but it’s pretty clear now that
most just don’t care and the ones who do don’t want it.

We don't want or need shortwave radios either.