Old February 25th 09, 01:25 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default For all you people who think consumers want (or need) HD radio.

Struble, Eduardo – Listen up.

I went to a Radio Shack store yesterday to pick up something. In
passing, I asked the clerk if he has HD radios. He paused for a
moment and then said, “No, we don’t sell them.” I thought maybe he
didn’t actually know what I meant so I decided to drop it. But, after
the pause he quickly retorted “HDTV – good idea, HD radio – bad idea –
don’t see the need for it.” Me either I said.

If HD radio survives it’s only because it’s been force-fed on
consumers. You can spin it all you want but it’s pretty clear now that
most just don’t care and the ones who do don’t want it.
Old February 25th 09, 03:36 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Feb 25, 8:25*am, wrote:
Struble, Eduardo – Listen up.

I went to a Radio Shack store yesterday to pick up something. *In
passing, I asked the clerk if he has HD radios. *He paused for a
moment and then said, “No, we don’t sell them.” *I thought maybe he
didn’t actually know what I meant so I decided to drop it. *But, after
the pause he quickly retorted “HDTV – good idea, HD radio – bad idea –
don’t see the need for it.” * Me either I said.

If HD radio survives it’s only because it’s been force-fed on
consumers. You can spin it all you want but it’s pretty clear now that
most just don’t care and the ones who do don’t want it.

"HD Slowly Passes Into The Night"

"Radio Shack has given up on HD Radio. Their stores have two radios
in
stock and both are on clearance. One radio that sold for $249 is now
on closeout at $82. The other was $149 and now sells for $99. If that
isn’t ‘get this out of here’ pricing what is? It appears no new
models
are coming to replace them. No surprise really... Best Buy, Circuit
City and Fry’s are the same story. They don’t have HD units except
for
some car units and their people don’t have a clue what it does. Just
ask them."

http://tinyurl.com/5s8zfk

Yup, RS has given up on HD Radio. Even any type of mandate for HD
Radio, which will never happen, won't help - very few buy radios,
anymore - even Struble said it himself.

"Crawford Broadcasting: The Local Oscillator"

"Whatever happened to the big HD-R receiver rollout at Wal-Mart?...
This rollout has not happened in Western New York, and chances are,
not in your market either. In fact, recently while Christmas shopping
with my wife, I stopped in several national chain electronics
retailers inquiring about HD-R receivers. Of the three I checked,
Circuit City, Best Buy and Radio Shack, only one had an HD receiver
in
stock, and it was not even displayed along with all of the other
receivers offered for sale. First off, I think that Ibiquity has done
a poor job of educating the public on this medium. In just about all
of the nationally distributed magazines, you will find advertisements
for Sirius/XM radio subscriptions on a continuing basis, but none for
HD-R... Someone has to pick up the ball and get the public educated
and interested in HD-R, or 1,797 stations have made a very poor
investment into the future of radio."

http://tinyurl.com/927svj

Even Crawford Broadcasting has admitted that HD radios can't be
found,
anywhere.
Old February 25th 09, 10:34 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Feb 25, 7:25*am, wrote:
Struble, Eduardo – Listen up.

I went to a Radio Shack store yesterday to pick up something. *In
passing, I asked the clerk if he has HD radios. *He paused for a
moment and then said, “No, we don’t sell them.” *I thought maybe he
didn’t actually know what I meant so I decided to drop it. *But, after
the pause he quickly retorted “HDTV – good idea, HD radio – bad idea –
don’t see the need for it.” * Me either I said.

If HD radio survives it’s only because it’s been force-fed on
consumers. You can spin it all you want but it’s pretty clear now that
most just don’t care and the ones who do don’t want it.

We don't want or need shortwave radios either.
Old February 26th 09, 06:51 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Feb 25, 5:25*am, wrote:
Struble, Eduardo – Listen up.

I went to a Radio Shack store yesterday to pick up something. *In
passing, I asked the clerk if he has HD radios. *He paused for a
moment and then said, “No, we don’t sell them.” *I thought maybe he
didn’t actually know what I meant so I decided to drop it. *But, after
the pause he quickly retorted “HDTV – good idea, HD radio – bad idea –
don’t see the need for it.” * Me either I said.

- If HD radio survives it’s only because
- it’s been force-fed on consumers.

Good assessment and most likely correct.

Fact is that Big 'Corporate Media is behind HD-Radio
-wrt- FM HD-Radio and the HD-2 Channels.
And 'yes' FM HD-Radio will be Force-Fed on
Audio Consumers.

- You can spin it all you want but it’s
- pretty clear now that most just don’t
- care and the ones who do don’t want it.

Good assessment and most likely correct.

Note that the FCC does not -ask- "What Does
American Audio Consumers WANT ?"
The FCC -asks- What Does Big Corporate
Media WANT TO SELL Audio Consumers ?
The answer to that is FM HD-Radio and the
HD-2 Channels.

the fcc listening to the master's voice ~ RHF
http://empollonintegrista.files.word...ters_voice.jpg
Old February 28th 09, 02:40 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Feb 25, 11:07*pm, wrote:
On Feb 25, 5:34 pm, wrote:

On Feb 25, 7:25 am, wrote:
We don't want or need shortwave radios either.

soooo- What's your point??

Same as yours!

Old February 28th 09, 03:09 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default (OT) : Weather Related Deaths Associated with iPod Use

On Feb 27, 6:40*pm, wrote:
On Feb 25, 11:07*pm, wrote:

On Feb 25, 5:34 pm, wrote:

On Feb 25, 7:25 am, wrote:
We don't want or need shortwave radios either.

soooo- What's your point??

Same as yours!

People with iPods, Micro Vid-Players, etc are Dying
at greater numbers than AM&FM Radio Listeners.

Why - They Do Hear the News or the Weather Report.

Weather Related Deaths associated with iPod Use
http://www.unitedjustice.com/death-statistics.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weather..._United_States

am&fm radio may save your life someday ~ RHF
Old February 28th 09, 04:38 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Feb 26, 1:51*am, "~ RHF" wrote:
[...]

the fcc listening to the master's voice ~ RHFhttp://empollonintegrista.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/his_masters_voi...
*.
*.

The FCC is concerned about protecting other signals and enforcing
laws.
Big media = lobbiest = brides + congress + tells the FCC what to do.

It doesn't matter, many media giants will fail like banks and
automakers have and hopefully we'll start over again. Prepare it won't
be a pretty ride to the bottom. HD won't survive the world wide
depression. It's a choice between food or HD radio...Food wins every
time..