Old March 22nd 09, 12:43 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Norm Mann Norm Mann is offline

Default HP8551B Contol Cable

"donavg" wrote in message

I have an HP 8551B / 851B spectrum analyzer. It's missing the control
cable that connects the display section to the Rf section. I found the
connectors needed to make the cable but can't find the schematic to the
cable.
So I'm wondering if anyone can confirm if this cable is wired pin to
pin. For example pin 1 on one connector is electrically connected to
pin 1 on the other end etc.. all the way to pin 14? Or do any pins
cross over to another number?

I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

I don't know how much this will help, but I have the manual for the 852A
display section, which was also used on the 8551. It shows pins 1 to 10 are
control lines from the 8551 (-24V), pin 11 as -24V, pin 12 as -15V, pin 13
as +15V and pin 14 as ground. Didn't see anything about the cable itself,
but it's supposed to come with the RF section.

HTH,

-NM