Old April 17th 09, 04:45 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Art Unwin Art Unwin is offline

Default Dish reflector

On Apr 16, 9:48*pm, Cecil Moore wrote:
Art Unwin wrote:
Both sides should be able to understand what the other is saying!

Don't worry about it, Art. My dog doesn't understand
it either.
--
73, Cecil, IEEE, OOTC, *http://www.w5dxp.com

I don't worry about it Cecil but I am concerned at the number of
people who consider themselves engineers. Remember that nobody on this
group has a true understanding of Maxwells equations! Nobody has
proved Maxwell's laws can be proved by adding a time varing field to
the Gaussian law of Statics. In fact, it is denied by ALL on this
group, Engineers?
That to even try is illegal as well as not being correct! Real
qualified engineers?
And you want this group to understand phase change and travelling
waves without the group coming to a consensus on Maxwell's laws?
Especially when they demand
a definition of equilibrium?
Maxwell;'s laws do not include lumped loads in his equations for
maximum radiation efficiency, so why do hams use lumped loads with
their antennas?
Maxwell;'s laws demand that for maximum efficiency equilibrium must be
kept, yet hams continue to place verticals at right angles to the
earth's surface. And it goes on and on. And engineers continue to
misuse what is known as Maxwell's equations.
However, despite that I do have a honest question Does the TOA of a
dish antenna (CP) change with height similar to other polarisations?
Regards
Art