Old April 23rd 09, 02:48 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Clark Richard Clark is offline

Default American interpretation

On Thu, 23 Apr 2009 00:56:14 GMT, "JB" wrote:

Wherever men see themselves as the authority, there is potential for
corruption in any institution. My beef is not specifically with science,
but with the arrogant who seek to re-engineer everything in the world to
their own ideal, including American society and world climate, heedless of
the damage. Is Christianity such a threat that hysterical administrators
should throw people out of school for praying, or to utter the name of
Jesus?

My beef is not specifically with religion, but with the arrogant who
seek to re-faith everything in the world to their own dogma. I won't
expand on "including" American society and world climate because that
is already explicit in "everything in the world" unless, of course,
there is some divine perspective that combines American society and
the world climate that is unshared with "everything in the world." Is
science such a threat that hysterical pulpit pounders should
excommunicate people for embracing an irrational Pi, or because
Einstein was a Jew just as much as Jesus was?

Oh to have the insight of Joseph or Daniel.

Or any number of others....

Let us take "Global Warming" for an example. The environmental storm
troopers

Less than subtle holocaust framing.

are all set to institute great changes and restrictions on the way
we do business in an attempt to "correct" climate change. This might be a
good thing

In light of the frame built around this picture, I doubt the sincerity
of what this "might be."

if it can be done without harming the economy.

The only indestructible economy ran behind the iron curtain for 70
years. In the same span of time the western economy suffered many
plunges that wrecked it and the Commies smiled in their infinite
wisdom. So much for shedding tears over harming an economy.

Why? If you will
notice, the major environmental damage around the world exists in
impoverished nations where the population lives for the day at the expense
of the future.

The glorification of consumption and celebration of decadence in the
enriched nations has easily eclipsed their plight.

It is a good thing to be wary for the environment if you can
afford the luxury of it.

Doing nothing is vastly more expensive. The luxury card is
narcissistic.

Climate change might be a good thing if we were
completely aware of all of the causes and results of it.

Another limp sincerity in that "might be."

But all
indications are, if the human race can't even reduce wasteful and hazardous
use of resources, any idea of intervention beyond that could only risk
overcorrecting since anything that can actually be set into motion seems to
have to progress to near disaster before we change course.

The Bible is a great study of the folly of man, and the only Hope for
salvation.

If the Qur'an has no hope then the gospels have been discarded in that
statement. The Torah, likewise. The Bhagavad Gita possibly
end-arounds these dismissals - but easily speaks to the issues.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC