Old April 29th 09, 10:59 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] plimmer@telkomsa.net is offline

Default To: John Plimmer/Actually About Radio

On Apr 29, 5:42*am,
wrote:
Hello John,
Just a quick note to see how the MW/SW DX'ing is going in South
Africa? *Is it Fall down there now? *Still trying to get some of those
transatlantic MW stations here in Hobe Sound, getting close, I think I
heard a British station the other night, and of course the Saudi
powerhouse at 1521 came in again. *Any more adventures with your DX
pals to the seaside yet again? *Those are very interesting to read. *
Hope that you and yours are doing well and had a great Easter holiday.
Take care,
Bob
--
"What do you mean there's no movie?"

Bob the DX has not been good here in my sleepy little village -
propagation has been very poor - even MW regulars like 1557 France
Nice are not coming through and on SW my 5598 NY aero band has not
been heard for awhile. LF and the NDB beacons has been okay though on
occasion - some nice Brazilian beacons.

Well if you are getting 1521 Saudi Arabia then that promises for lots
more in your Hobe Sound - good luck!

No more DXpeditions until Jongensgat when we will go in August. In
September we fly Delta to Atlanta to see my son, daughter-in-law and
grandson. Have to have a double hernia op in hospital next week, so
wish me well.

Yes we had a great Easter and nice weather - the weeks of 100F
scorchers has gone and autumn is in the air with cool cloudy days and
some rain.

South 33 d 47 m 32 s, East 20 d 07 m 32 s
Icom IC-7700, Icom IC-756 PRO III with MW mods
ERGO software
Drake SW8. Sangean 803A
Sony 7600D, GE SRIII, Redsun RP2100
Antenna's RF Systems DX 1 Pro Mk II, Datong AD-270
Kiwa MW Loop.
http://www.dxing.info/about/dxers/plimmer.dx