Old April 29th 09, 04:42 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
No Name

Default To: John Plimmer/Actually About Radio

Hello John,
Just a quick note to see how the MW/SW DX'ing is going in South
Africa? Is it Fall down there now? Still trying to get some of those
transatlantic MW stations here in Hobe Sound, getting close, I think I
heard a British station the other night, and of course the Saudi
powerhouse at 1521 came in again. Any more adventures with your DX
pals to the seaside yet again? Those are very interesting to read.
Hope that you and yours are doing well and had a great Easter holiday.
Take care,
Bob
--
"What do you mean there's no movie?"
Old April 29th 09, 08:43 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Apr 29, 5:42*am,
wrote:
Hello John,
Just a quick note to see how the MW/SW DX'ing is going in South
Africa? *Is it Fall down there now? *Still trying to get some of those
transatlantic MW stations here in Hobe Sound, getting close, I think I
heard a British station the other night, and of course the Saudi
powerhouse at 1521 came in again. *Any more adventures with your DX
pals to the seaside yet again? *Those are very interesting to read. *
Hope that you and yours are doing well and had a great Easter holiday.
Take care,
Bob
--
"What do you mean there's no movie?"

Bob everythings fine in my sleepy little village and thanks, we had a
great Easter, and a good general election just over.

Radio is dismal though, i have never know propagation so bad. Only on
LF chasing the NDB's have i had a bit of luck. MW is awful and even
regulars like 1557 France Nice are not even coming in anymore. SW is
not much better - the ham bands are dead and the aero bands are not
coming through either - I used to get New York ATC on 5598 every
morning, but havent heard them for months now.

Autumn is here and the drastic 100F weeks of heat have now given way
to cooler cloudy weather and a bit of rain.

Next week I have to go to hospital for a few days for a double hernia
op, so wish me well. August is the next DXpedition to Jongensgat and
in September we go to Atlanta to see my son and daughter-in-law and my
new grandson.

Keep trying for those TA's in Hobe Sound - if you are getting 1521
Saudi Arabia you can get others with good propagation - good luck
with that.
regards

South 33 d 47 m 32 s, East 20 d 07 m 32 s
Icom IC-7700, Icom IC-756 PRO III with MW mods
ERGO software
Drake SW8. Sangean 803A
Sony 7600D, GE SRIII, Redsun RP2100
Antenna's RF Systems DX 1 Pro Mk II, Datong AD-270
Kiwa MW Loop.
http://www.dxing.info/about/dxers/plimmer.dx
Old April 29th 09, 10:59 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Apr 29, 5:42*am,
wrote:
Hello John,
Just a quick note to see how the MW/SW DX'ing is going in South
Africa? *Is it Fall down there now? *Still trying to get some of those
transatlantic MW stations here in Hobe Sound, getting close, I think I
heard a British station the other night, and of course the Saudi
powerhouse at 1521 came in again. *Any more adventures with your DX
pals to the seaside yet again? *Those are very interesting to read. *
Hope that you and yours are doing well and had a great Easter holiday.
Take care,
Bob
--
"What do you mean there's no movie?"

Bob the DX has not been good here in my sleepy little village -
propagation has been very poor - even MW regulars like 1557 France
Nice are not coming through and on SW my 5598 NY aero band has not
been heard for awhile. LF and the NDB beacons has been okay though on
occasion - some nice Brazilian beacons.

Well if you are getting 1521 Saudi Arabia then that promises for lots
more in your Hobe Sound - good luck!

No more DXpeditions until Jongensgat when we will go in August. In
September we fly Delta to Atlanta to see my son, daughter-in-law and
grandson. Have to have a double hernia op in hospital next week, so
wish me well.

Yes we had a great Easter and nice weather - the weeks of 100F
scorchers has gone and autumn is in the air with cool cloudy days and
some rain.

Old April 30th 09, 01:02 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default To: John Plimmer/Actually About Radio/ KIWA M/W Loop.

wrote:
On Apr 29, 5:42 am,
wrote:
[...]

Hi John. this came up a week or 3 ago. i just called
Craig at KIWA last night on another item. and i ask about
the famous M/W Loop. and Yes! he has all parts and manual
in stock. he also does repairs on this loop. so, if you
are needing parts or just a check-up, just call the man.
myself, i'll never part with this loop. but, the prices
on ebay are out of sight. Good DX to you John.

Drifter...

Old April 30th 09, 02:30 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Apr 30, 2:02*pm, Drifter wrote:
wrote:
On Apr 29, 5:42 am,
wrote:
[...]

Drifter...- Hide quoted text -

Hi Drifter,
Thanks for the info, but shipping the Kiwa MW Loop both ways to the
States is going to cost around a crippling $600, so that's out.
Fortunately it's performing top of the line and regularly brings in
catches from stations 8,000 miles away, so I don;t think anything is
wrong with it and I don't think it needs tuning.

Craig is always very helpful and on the one occasion some years back
when I blew it by touching a beverage to it by mistake, Craig
identified the problem with me and sent out some small transistors to
fix it for a few dollars.

Good DX

JP

Old May 1st 09, 01:41 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Apr 29, 5:59*am, wrote:
No more DXpeditions until Jongensgat when we will go in August. In
September we fly Delta to Atlanta to see my son, daughter-in-law and
grandson. Have to have a double hernia op in hospital next week, so
wish me well.

Good luck on the op John, I know someone who went through that. Not
fun. ;-)

For John Plimmer: MW QSL's?1 Count Floyd[_2_] Shortwave 13 May 3rd 08 02:59 PM
For John Plimmer: Thanks for the MW Info! [email protected] Shortwave 3 May 3rd 08 08:07 AM
Calling John Plimmer/BCB DX Count Floyd Shortwave 5 September 10th 06 07:17 PM
Ping: John Plimmer dxAce Shortwave 5 April 13th 05 05:30 PM
PING: John Plimmer dxAce Shortwave 3 November 16th 04 03:04 PM