Old May 30th 09, 07:59 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default antenna geo friendly listing

On May 30, 2:01*pm, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Sat, 30 May 2009 12:21:47 -0400, ml wrote:
hi

Higher.

Does *anyone know of any kind of lists * * *that breaks *down *
towns/cities *etc *that *are * ham *tower * friendly?

I couldn't find such a list, but you might find reading this old eham
thread useful for explaining why there are no such lists:
http://www.eham.net/articles/10077
How friendly do you want? *No tower restrictions of any kind? *There
are various degrees. *For example, just about any city or county that
has a tower ordinance, will tend to restrict the installation of ham
radio towers in some way. *If you're serious, just check with the city
or county planning department for tower ordinances. *You'll also find
that tower policy is highly dependent on those making the decisions.
Without rigid guidelines, a traditionally friendly planning
department, might easily become hostile if the composition and
membership changes.

Good luck.

--
Jeff Liebermann * *
150 Felker St #D * *http://www.LearnByDestroying.com

Most rural areas are very ham friendly when it comes to antennas but
you can get blamed for every flake of snow on their TV. I was once
getting blamed for periodically wiping out all the TV in about 4
blocks. It turned out that one of the people who complained to the FCC
about me owned the source of the problem. Her antenna mounted preamp
would break into oscilation.

Anyway I have found that most places where you can find $300K+ homes
in close proximity to run down mobile homes is usually pretty ham
friendly.

Jimmie