Old May 30th 09, 05:21 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
ml ml is offline

Default antenna geo friendly listing

hi

Does anyone know of any kind of lists that breaks down
towns/cities etc that are ham tower friendly?

tnx
Old May 30th 09, 07:01 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Sat, 30 May 2009 12:21:47 -0400, ml wrote:

hi

Higher.

Does anyone know of any kind of lists that breaks down
towns/cities etc that are ham tower friendly?

I couldn't find such a list, but you might find reading this old eham
thread useful for explaining why there are no such lists:
http://www.eham.net/articles/10077
How friendly do you want? No tower restrictions of any kind? There
are various degrees. For example, just about any city or county that
has a tower ordinance, will tend to restrict the installation of ham
radio towers in some way. If you're serious, just check with the city
or county planning department for tower ordinances. You'll also find
that tower policy is highly dependent on those making the decisions.
Without rigid guidelines, a traditionally friendly planning
department, might easily become hostile if the composition and
membership changes.

Good luck.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Old May 30th 09, 07:59 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On May 30, 2:01*pm, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
[...]

Most rural areas are very ham friendly when it comes to antennas but
you can get blamed for every flake of snow on their TV. I was once
getting blamed for periodically wiping out all the TV in about 4
blocks. It turned out that one of the people who complained to the FCC
about me owned the source of the problem. Her antenna mounted preamp
would break into oscilation.

Anyway I have found that most places where you can find $300K+ homes
in close proximity to run down mobile homes is usually pretty ham
friendly.

Jimmie

We all know Santa is a friendly fraud, but..... KØHB Policy 2 December 25th 06 02:41 PM
Jackson Ohio PD - very scanner friendly zerg90 Scanner 0 March 11th 06 11:55 PM
Right friendly folks here sty General 3 July 16th 04 05:57 PM
Tillman Killed By Friendly Fire David Shortwave 47 June 2nd 04 04:49 AM
Best User Friendly Scanner? HarryD7521 Scanner 0 March 9th 04 02:57 AM