Old June 11th 09, 04:06 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Michael Coslo Michael Coslo is offline

Default Mag Mount lesson

Erich wrote:

- 73 de Mike N3LI -

I have a triple magnet and hamstick that has survived 70MPH and 50MPH
wind gusts with no problem. We get a lot of wind out here and it has
handled it all for the last 3 years.

Well that is great, glad it hasn't been a problem, Erich. But I'd feel
pretty stupid to try that sort of mount again, unless someone wants to
front the 275 dollars I just paid to put a new window on. Then I might
experiment.

Could be a weak or otherwise bad magnet, maybe just bad luck-who knows?
But the antenna will now be mounted just like my Bugcatcher, which means
it will only come off if there is enough force to pull the back door
off, or otherwise destroy the antenna in situ.

- 73 de Mike N3LI -