Old June 13th 09, 09:08 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,alt.tv.tech.hdtv
[email protected] stratus46@yahoo.com is offline

Default "Panel" style UHF DTV antenna?

On Jun 12, 11:56*pm, "Sal M. Onella"
wrote:
wrote in message

So far 2 of the 4 VHF-
hi have completed the change over. KABC-7 and KCAL-9 are in their

new
homes. The spectrum analyzer showed better than 20dB carrier to

noise
which should be OK. I then connected to the computer tuner and it
works very well. I must say I am totally surprised about that as

the
analog stations 7-13 were SO weak as to not even SEE a locked umage
from analog. As it is, it appears to be as good as the UHF DTV. If

Fox
11 and KCOP-13 are as good as 7 and 9 I won't need to change a

thing.

=======================================

I got KABC but, so far, no KCAL. *I'm in San Diego, *so my

situation will be
variable, depending on the ducting. *I think I've lost KCBS, since

they
moved to KCAL's old channel, 43, which has a local LPTV station

sitting on
it. *I still have some more antenna tricks to try. *KCAL on 43 was

always
very "iffy."

I've also lost KCET; There's a Mexican station (full power) on 28.

*KOCE
generally good.

My optimism was premature. KABC is better than I expected and KCAL was
marginal. KTTV-11 Fox is way down in the mud and KCOP-13 is worse than
11, neither of which is usable at all. Keep in mind this is that
little SquareShooter (without the preamp) which is good for UHF isn't
going to make it for VHF hi. Oh well, some more cable along with a UHF/
VHF splitter (combiner) and that big Winegard in the garage will
hopefully cure it.

At 12:30am 6-13-09 KWHY-22 analog was still on the air but all that's
left are a few low power analogs - as they told us.