Old June 23rd 09, 07:40 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default has anyone built the coat hanger ant for dtv yet?

On Tue, 23 Jun 2009 12:08:15 -0500, (John
Bose) wrote:

that ant looks like a pro did it how well does it pick up

Dunno. I haven't had time to play with it or bug the builder (name
withheld). He just sent me the photos and asked me for advice on some
details. I don't like the "phasing" lines between bowties. I would
say it's NOT ready for prime time, yet. He's now building a huge
version of the same antenna.

If you wanna build your own, look into construction articles on
Gray-Hoverman antennas such as:
http://www.digitalhome.ca/ota/superantenna/
http://www.casano.com/projects/hoverman/index.html
http://www.engadgethd.com/2008/04/06/diy-gray-hoverman-antenna-promises-better-ota-reception/
etc...

Remember... the uglier the antenna, the better it works.

--
Jeff Liebermann

150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558