Old June 20th 09, 02:49 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default has anyone built the coat hanger ant for dtv yet?

i keep seeing the high tech version ant on you tube and pbs .

Old June 23rd 09, 06:33 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On 22 Jun 2009 03:45:53 +0200, Gordon wrote:

Everyone seems to love that silly thing. And it seems to work
in spite of itself.

I tried a version of it, but it didn't work any better than
two bowties on a stick. He
http://mysite.verizon.net/g_reeder/C...V_antenna.html

Mine looks better.

http://802.11junk.com/jeffl/antennas/DTV-jw/
This one was built by a friend (without my involvement). I rather
like the use of common hardware store parts and pieces. I'm trying to
convince him to make some changes and to replace the electrical wire
elements with sheet aluminum, but otherwise, methinks it's rather
clever. I haven't made any measurements yet, so I don't know how well
it's matched.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Old June 23rd 09, 02:56 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Sat, 20 Jun 2009 08:49:11 -0500, John Bose wrote:
i keep seeing the high tech version ant on you tube and pbs .

My soldering iron must be too hot -- because it keeps melting clear
through the plastic coat hangers.
Old June 23rd 09, 06:08 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

that ant looks like a pro did it how well does it pick up

Old June 23rd 09, 09:23 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Jeff Liebermann wrote in
:

On 22 Jun 2009 03:45:53 +0200, Gordon wrote:

Everyone seems to love that silly thing. And it seems to work
in spite of itself.

I tried a version of it, but it didn't work any better than
two bowties on a stick. He
http://mysite.verizon.net/g_reeder/C...V_antenna.html

Mine looks better.

http://802.11junk.com/jeffl/antennas/DTV-jw/
This one was built by a friend (without my involvement). I rather
like the use of common hardware store parts and pieces. I'm trying to
convince him to make some changes and to replace the electrical wire
elements with sheet aluminum, but otherwise, methinks it's rather
clever. I haven't made any measurements yet, so I don't know how well
it's matched.

Shouldn't the lines between the elements be crossed?
Or the feed point be taken from between the elements?
Old June 24th 09, 05:50 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On 23 Jun 2009 22:23:10 +0200, Gordon wrote:

Jeff Liebermann wrote in
:

On 22 Jun 2009 03:45:53 +0200, Gordon wrote:

Everyone seems to love that silly thing. And it seems to work
in spite of itself.

I tried a version of it, but it didn't work any better than
two bowties on a stick. He
http://mysite.verizon.net/g_reeder/C...V_antenna.html

Mine looks better.

http://802.11junk.com/jeffl/antennas/DTV-jw/
This one was built by a friend (without my involvement). I rather
like the use of common hardware store parts and pieces. I'm trying to
convince him to make some changes and to replace the electrical wire
elements with sheet aluminum, but otherwise, methinks it's rather
clever. I haven't made any measurements yet, so I don't know how well
it's matched.

Shouldn't the lines between the elements be crossed?
Or the feed point be taken from between the elements?

Ooops. You're right. They should be crossed. I didn't notice.
Thanks. Like I said, I haven't had time to do much more than stare at
it. (Not my design or construction).