Old July 2nd 09, 10:15 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Gregor Martin Gregor Martin is offline

Default Noise Immune type of Antenna

The T2FD antenna is an option. Google it! Greetz

"Brad" schreef in bericht
Hi,

I like to listen to ham radio HF bands and short wave broadcasts, but
I often have intermittent power line noise. I found a source (power pole,
possibly bad insulator), but when the person from the power company came
out
to investigate my complaint, the noise wasn't there (intermittent).

Running a wire antenna perpendicular (not parallel) to power lines is
one
way to lower power line noise, but unfortunately, the power lines run
North to
South where I live. My wire antenna also runs North to South so it
"favors"
East and West, which is what I want.

Can anyone recommend a noise immune type of antenna that is less
sensitive to power line noise?

Thanks in advance, Brad

be sure there is no active keystroke logger (spyware) in your PC.