Old July 9th 09, 10:24 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Jack Newhouse Jack Newhouse is offline

Default What is the best handheld scanner on the market today?

On Thu, 9 Jul 2009 17:56:34 +0000 (UTC), Golan Klinger
wrote:

Jack Newhouse wrote:

I looked at the 396XT last night. It is a pretty scanner. I'll read up
on the Icom and AOR today.

Perhaps you, and hopefully others, will find these URLs of use:

BCD396XT
http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/BCD396XT

ICR20
http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/IC-R20

AR8200
http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/AR8200

All three are superb scanners. It's nice to be spoiled for choice.

Is there a site where I can compare all three one against the other?

I'm thinking maybe it will be best just to take my Pro--97 to radil
shack, pay them the $90.00 and let them repair the Pro-97

These new scanners cost more than they house, car, and property are
worth! They still won't pick up cellular for the most part. Plus I
have software that will upload and download to and from my scanner.
These new ones don't seem to have that.

Thanks for helping me to narrow my decision. I've heard a lot about
AOR and ICOM when it come to shortwave receivers. They are top of the
line there also.